EATING FOR ENERGY

Raw Energy Bliss Balls 


With Spring approaching, I anticipate that I will need more energy for the longer days.  My schedule is hectic and my days long and I don't see an end in sight! And I am grateful for this! Between teaching private and public yoga classes, giving Reiki treatments, coaching softball, working at a gym, working at a yoga studio, and working at a bakery and completing nutrition school - I need to Eat for Energy! I try to always find time in the day to be in the kitchen, but with some 12+ hour days, I need to have something healthy already prepared to eat!

These Raw Energy Bliss Balls are just the thing that give me a boost! They are easy to make and delicious. My friend gave me a recipe and I have modified it to fit my taste. I encourage you to try this recipe and then create your own!

What you'll need:
2 cups raw cashew pieces
3 tablespoons sunflower seed oil (or vegetable oil)
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup gluten free oats
1/4 cup cocoa nibs 
1/4 raisins
1 tablespoon Xylotol (a natural sweetener) or honey
and water!

How to:
1. Make Crunchy Cashew Butter. Combine cashew pieces with 3 tablespoons of sunflower seed oil and 2 tablespoons of water into a food processor/magic bullet. Put in bowl and set aside.
2. Make Pumpkin and Oat paste. Combine 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds with 1/2 cup of gluten free oats and 3 tablespoons of water into a food processor/magic bullet. The paste should be powdery. Set Aside.
3. Combine 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds with the cocoa nibs and raisins.  
4. Mix in (with your hands!) the Pumpkin and Oat paste and Cashew Butter. Add Xylotol or honey for taste. The Cashew Butter is the glue that holds the ball together so keep adding by tablespoon until you have a dough like texture.  
5. Form bite size bliss balls and put them on a pan. Store them in the refrigerator and give them a couple of hours to chill.

Enjoy!





Comments

  1. I love your blog. Great recipes, definitely going to try them. Tonight roasted veggies. Thank you, Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gina,

      Thanks for commenting on my blog!I'm happy to hear that you're cooking with the recipes. How did your dishes turn out?

      Namaste! Allison

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN JUICE FOR HEALTH

LIFE'S TEACHINGS AND MY BIKE