A SIMPLE MEAL FOR COMFORT

Simple, Easy and Delicious Comfort Food


               Many different things factor in to wanting comfort food. For example, I tend to crave comfort food when I wake up to an overcast sky or when I feel sleepy in the morning. I've also realized that I gravitate towards comfort food when I need a hug from a friend or to feel loved. In these states, I want food that is warmer, heartier, and sweeter.
                     
For lunch today, I made a simple and easy comfort meal. 
  • Grated Beet, Carrot, and Radish Salad
    • grate 1 carrot
    • grate 1/2 small beet
    • grate 1 red radish
  • Brown Rice and Tempeh
    • combine 2 cups water with 1 cup brown rice. boil on medium high, uncovered, until water has evaporated. (you can have the leftover bown rice for later!)
    • marinate tempeh overnight in Braggs Amino Acid (Soysauce). bake at 325 for 8-10 minutes.
  • Pumpkin and Yam Puree
    • chop 1/2 yam into small chunks. Saute on medium high until yams are tender. 
    • combine yams and canned pumpkin (not canned pumpkin pie!) into blender.
 Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN JUICE FOR HEALTH

LIFE'S TEACHINGS AND MY BIKE

EATING FOR ENERGY