Mugwort: Dream Sage

Mugwort (artemisia douglasiana) guides a person in healing through their dreams. This Dream Sage herb relieves stress, depression and insomnia, curbs overeating, balances chemicals in the body, and enhances dreams.

Mugwort is a powerful herb. It takes time to build a relationship with this plant and to understand its medicine. There are two ways that I take mugwort: Burning some of the mugwort or Drinking a tea of mugwort with cinnamon. I find that the smoke affects my dreams more, and the tea makes me feel more relaxed.

When I use mugwort to influence my dreams, I ask the plant a question before I light the bundle. Asking the plant a question before I go to bed, sets my intention and helps me to better understand my dream in the morning. When I burn mugwort, my dreams are very vivid, somewhat dark, and I wake up tired. (Drinking the tea calms my mind and relaxes my body and affects my dreams but in a subtler way).

Mugwort helps me to heal through dreaming. The plant's medicine works by shining light on the dark places within me. Mugwort brings up a lot of hidden stuff (thoughts, feelings, habits and tendencies) that I need to see and accept. And by being honest with myself, I can clear certain blocks in my life to create more space within me for my true Self.

Namaste*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN JUICE FOR HEALTH

LIFE'S TEACHINGS AND MY BIKE

EATING FOR ENERGY