Healthy Herbs: Rosemary

Rosemary

One of my teachers once told me that the medicine I need grows in my own backyard. 

So yesterday, when I was feeling under the weather, I took a walk out back and found a Rosemary bush. The smell of the Rosemary plant immediately had an affect on my mood. With each inhale of its wonderful fragrance, I felt more calm and centered.  

Rosemary is one of the most useful herbs, with culinary, medicinal, and aromatherapy uses.

Rosemary... 

- improves memory

- quickens the senses

-increases circulation to the brain

-alleviates headaches, hangovers & indigestion 

- helps insomnia
-calm nerves

- decreases stress

- stops bad dreams

- strengthens the heart 

- invokes wisdom, love & loyalty








Uses of Rosemary

- Add the leaves, essential oil or hydrosol to a bath to soothe achy joints and help the body relax.

- Apply diluted essential oil to alleviate sprains or sciatica. Rub on temples to alleviate headaches.

- Burn as incense to freshen the room and mind.

- Brew a tea from the flowers and leaves. Add ginger to the tea to ease a nervous stomach or combine rosemary with sage and peppermint for mental fatigue, headaches, or insomnia. 

- Add flowers to your salad for a delicious and beautiful treat! 

Namaste*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN JUICE FOR HEALTH

LIFE'S TEACHINGS AND MY BIKE

EATING FOR ENERGY