Butternut Squash Soup

Butternut Squash Soup

is my family's favorite dish that I make! I recently made my own chicken broth from scratch, and doing so has empowered me to cook delicious, homemade, and healthy soups. I'm still working on some like Cream of Broccoli soup and Carrot Ginger soup, but I'm confident about my Butternut Squash soup recipe. I'm so happy to share it with you!

Ingredients:
1 cup of Chicken Broth
2 cups of Water
2 medium-large Butternut Squash (take off the skin and chop into 2" pieces).
1 large yellow onion (chopped but not too small)
1 TBS organic butter
Spices: ground cinnamon, fresh nutmeg, salt and pepper

What you need:
Large pot or deep pan
Blender

How to:
1. Sauté onions in 1 TBS butter until they start to golden in color. 
2. Add chopped Butternut Squash. Sauté for 5 minutes. Grate in 1/4 of a fresh Nutmeg seed (really makes the difference!) 
3. Add 1 cup of chicken broth. After 5 minutes add 2 cups of water. Cover the pot/pan and turn heat to medium. Cook for 20 minutes or until the squash are soft enough to cut.
4. Turn down heat to low and keep the broth simmering. Scoop out onions and squash and put them in a blender with some broth. Puree the vegetables.
5. Put vegetables back in the broth. Stir the soup to combine the broth and pureed vegetables. 
6. Turn heat off. Add salt, pepper, and cinnamon to taste.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN JUICE FOR HEALTH

LIFE'S TEACHINGS AND MY BIKE

EATING FOR ENERGY